1. Click on the "MANAGE INTERNSHIPS” menu item.
2. Click on the “INTERNSHIP ASSESSMENT UPLOAD” button.
3. Review the instructions for the upload which includes the file type accepted, a template for the upload file, and the details for each of the required columns.
4. Determine whether academy IDs will be included in the upload process.
- If a user selects "YES", the next step is to prepare the Excel file and then upload the file to the system.
- If the user selects "NO" and is linked to more than one academy, the specific academy must be selected from the drop down list before the upload process can begin.
Users linked to multiple districts and/or academies will be able to upload internships across districts, provided the academy IDs are included as part of the upload process. To view Academy IDs associated with the user role, click "ACADEMY ID LIST" button.
5. Review the instructions on the screen describing how the upload process will work.
6. Select a properly-formatted Excel file for upload by clicking “CHOOSE FILE.” Locate file and then click "UPLOAD SELECTED FILE.”
7. Review the uploaded data in a preview area and correct any errors. Errors will be identified in red. All errors must be corrected before the upload can be finished.
- Errors will be sorted to the top of the screen.
- View only the error records by clicking "SHOW ONLY ERROR RECORDS.”
- If a value is entered into a field that is not a permissible value the system will return an error.
- If no information is entered into a required field, the system will return an error and the word "missing" will appear in the field that is missing the required information.
- If there is an error with a student ID, it is most likely that the student ID has already been used for another student within the district or the student does not already exists within the academy in the system. As a reminder, the student IDs must be unique within the school district. Student internships will not be able to be uploaded until adjustments are made to the Student ID.
8. Click "EDIT" at the beginning of the row to fix an error. Navigate to the error to make adjustment.
9. Drop-down lists will be available to select a permissible value for that specific row.
10. Once the errors have been fixed, click "SAVE". Continue to do this for each row with an error.
11. Once all errors have been fixed, click "FINISH UPLOAD.” This button only becomes active once all of the errors have been resolved.
12. After clicking "FINISH UPLOAD", a message appears on the screen confirming the internship data upload has been completed successfully.