(GROUP A) - Internships between 8.1.19 and 3.15.20
- For those students who started an internship between August 1, 2019 and March 15, 2020: Students should be uploaded into NAFTrack and assigned an internship by May 15.
- Even if those students did not meet hour requirements, paid requirements, and/or didn’t have a completed internship assessment in the system, they will be counted as having met NAFTrack internship requirements.
- We are programming our system to automatically adjust these internships to “met requirements” at the end of May.
- We made this change due to the fact that there were many students in the system who would have completed the internship (marked as pending), but due to the abbreviated year may not have been able to meet the requirements. You can count clinicals in this group if they started within this timeframe.
(GROUP B) - Temporary Internship Requirements until May 2021
- For those students who will start an internship (which may include clinicals) between now and May 30, 2021, the internships should meet the following updated requirements which offer more flexibility:
o 80+ hours
o Direct supervision by an accountable adult who is not the student’s teacher
o Paid, compensated, or volunteer (i.e. unpaid)
o Completion of the NAFTrack Internship Assessment by the student’s intern supervisor at the end of the internship
(GROUP C) - Internship Alternative Options
- For those students who would have typically been eligible for an internship this year, but were unable to solidify an opportunity, we are in the process of identifying alternatives to internships that can count towards NAFTrack Certification.
- Our goal with these are to still help students master some of the skills that they hone in an internship, but could take place throughout the school year.
- Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.